Gourmet for JA $100 "The Fritlette" (Part 6)

This Gourmet for $100 was one of the highlights, from my past notes, a super economy menu - as this one cost only about $30 to actually make!

As a Breadfruit picked from a nearby tree, along with a tiny amount of flour about $20 worth and about $10 oil whisked into a batter with water and a pinch of salt and a little seasoning transformed this simple dish into a budget gourmet experience..


Fried breadfruit alone is nice enough, as Breadfruit makes some of the best chips. But this Breadfruit "Fritlette" or eggless Frittata is truly inspired.


Issues with my bank card had construed my budget this week, still once again by some small miracle and the grace of God I made magic in my small pan! 


The Fritter Queen keeps "frittering" and surprising myself with new innovations. Thanks to Mother Nature's backyard for the Breadfruit - the ultimate Super food, for poor people in this part of the world - at least! 


Since then I have enjoyed several versions of the Fritlette including, the original Egg Fritter sandwich and the Hot Dog Fritlette complete with onions and tomato sauce. 



All varieties of sweet and savoury Fritlettes are delicious budget anytime snacks!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts