HNY - "Fritter Queen" Family... #GFJA100

The 1st GOURMET for $JA 100 of 2019~!

It has been a while since I have been able to keep my Blogs up to date.. with a lot happening in the end of 2018. My notebooks are now filled with a backlog of notes for the various blogs, as well as scribbled down recipes and reviews that I am yet to complete writing and publish.

In fact I was thinking that The New Year is really a time of tying up the loose ends and finishing off what didn't get accomplished at the end of the last year...

Anyway my recent Food Diary note from Christmas Morning was very memorable and well worth recording, and so although its the newest its the most appropriate to start with.

December 25th 2018

The "Fritter Queen" makes magic in the mini Frying Pan again!

This "Frittertastic" experience is well worth an entry in the "Fritter Queen" Cookbook/Foodie Diary and it was definitely another Gourmet for $JA100 (or less!) Special - the phrase "Exceedingly Good" springs to mind and memories of my sweet tooth cravings, fulfilled by Mr Kipling's cakes, slices, Apple pies and French Fancies. OMG! How much I miss those pastries when i'm not in the UK!

Anyway this morning being Christmas Day I fancied something a little special for my breakfast treat! So with just a small handful of flour left in the kitchen a piece of Plantain and some Mango. I made the most delicious Plantain "Fritter-cake" (No egg/Vegan Pancake) served with slices of Fresh Juicy, Julie Mango and a quick syrup made with Lime and Ginger! Oooh La La! LA! It was so yummy... it was all gone in no time! Pity there wasn't more to share or a camera to capture the moment! :) :P

Ingredients:

1 cup Counter Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of :
Salt
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
+ enough water to mix into a silky batter
Oil to fry ~ et viola!

(NB: For the Plantain "Fritter-cake" Fry the Plantain first and fold into the batter, or for an alternative Ripe Banana version or other fruit filling fold sliced or diced fruits into batter before frying.)

Comments

Popular Posts