Gourmet for JA$100 - Crepes/Pancakes/French Toast w/Banoffee Sauce! (Part 3)



Continuing in the theme of exploring things that are related to the fritter.. As it seems there are many things that can be done when combining Flour, Water, Butter/Oil and adding either Salt/Sugar and possibly eggs, depending on diet.

As I explore the possibilities I realize that all around the world there are various examples and varieties of "poor food" that have really become gourmet as they have been made famous and refined over the years.

Examples that we can explore in future posts include Pizza, Dumplings of many varieties, Donuts, Breads of all types and even things like Pasta and Noodles evolved from combinations of these same simple ingredients.

In fact there are many gourmet eateries serving dished like these that without the addition of expensive toppings and added extras, can be reproduced quite simply and very cheaply at home.

The French have created quite a lot of gourmet foods and products from very simple ingredients and as such their cuisine is internationally recognised as setting a high standard, so are their production methods and refining processes; producing products that are some of the best and most enjoyed in the world. Their production of Champagne, Wines, Confiture and conserves has earned them legendary status worldwide.

One of my favourite recipes that I have enjoyed preparing since my very early days in the kitchen is French Crepes or Pancakes (as they are called in England). A simple but delicious treat and a custom in England on Shrove Tuesday (the day before Ash Wednesday) to use up all the eggs, butter sugar etc to make pancakes before lent. I always enjoyed making these on Pancake Day, as its popularly called, or any day of the year.

Batter:

2/3 Eggs depending on size
Flour
Milk
Pinch of Salt

Also I have been experimenting with making Jams, Sauces and Syrups out of Natural fruit and so far I am producing excellent, delicious results. The combination of homemade sauce and pancakes/crepes, fritters even or French toast is just devine! It really tastes so luxurious, so gourmet, such a treat for the sweet tooth person like myself! Honestly I think this Gourmet for JA $100 is like a little piece of heaven on earth. All for such a small price!

Continuing on in the French theme in Gourmet for JA$100, I will also write up the recipe for French toast, one of my favorite anytime of the day desserts, especially if combined with Fruit sauce or Preserve; and also of course a Breakfast favorite, not only in France.

The best and most sublime creation that complements this dish perfectly, of which I have tried so far, has to be the Banoffee Sauce with Crepes, Pancakes, French toast, Fritters or any combination of the above!

I don't know if I should post my personal recipe yet, as its still a secret in the making, and is currently being tried and tested to perfection. So I will leave you all to salivate, contemplate and research and find your own secret sauce, in the meantime until I am ready to share this with you!



Comments

Popular Posts