Gourmet for JA$100 - Queen Fritters (Part 2 )


Recently in my experimentation with the Fritter I discovered something new...! Actually I discovered two things; The first is that there is actually a recipe for a dish named #QueenFritters which I was pleased to learn! Of course I feel obliged to share this recipe on the The Fritter Queen Blog as it really is The Queen of Fritters, but I also feel that I should at least try it myself one time before I recommend it to any of the readers. I'm sure it is totally Delicious although as they say the proof of the pudding... or the fritter in this case, is really in the eating!

Check out the recipe here:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/332070172515162123/


My second discovery which I will write about today is actually more of an invention than a discovery... I was making fritters and wanted to fry an egg at the same time but without messing up the frying pan - so I created a brand new dish named the "FrittEggwich" or "Fritter-Eggwich" (aka Frittata with a difference) NB: A Frittata is actually Italian for an Omelette, roughly translated it actually means "Fried" in Italian. So technically I would not be wrong for calling this a Frittata, as its basically fried batter with egg in the middle.

So basically what I did was to fry the Fritter batter (a smoother, thinner pancake style batter) after turning the fritter I add the Egg to the almost cooked batter, with a little salt and black pepper to season. You can also add other optional fillings such as Cheese, Ham, Bacon, Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatoes etc. Which would make the Frittata or FrittEggwich become more like a Calzone without the pizza crust with a Fried Fritter crust instead.

Actually this experiment turned out to be much better than expected, very filling and really makes a great snack for anytime of the day but especially a really quick, breakfast that definitely can be defined as Gourmet, dependent on who and how its prepared of course.! All this for under JA$100, that is $30 retail for an egg and a pound of flour for $45 plus seasoning to taste! Wow that's a total of $75, minus the oil, seasoning and optional extra fillings for a really hearty, quick breakfast and an unusually "fritterific" start to the day!

Photos to be added

Comments

Popular Posts