Gourmet for JA$100 (THE FRITTER QUEEN)


These days due to budget restrictions and financial constraints it has been necessary for me to be extra creative with my cooking and my budget so that I can still find something edible, somewhat nourishing and tasty to refuel my body..

At least I have been cooking since a very early age so its not difficult for me to find new recipes, as a creative person cooking is another form of artistic expression and I really enjoy experimenting in the kitchen..

I have managed to make delicious meals with as little as JA$100 using just a little pumpkin, some coconut, seasoning and some flour or pasta; which is one of my favourite recipes Pumpkin Pasta - which I will post at a later date.

After many days when I had little more than flour in the cupboard and many years of enjoying late night or any time of the day "Fritter Feasts".
I have a new title - THE FRITTER QUEEN!
As I have hailed myself after having successfully managed to make fritters out of almost anything, with or without the addition of baking soda (or bicarbonate of Soda).
To date; my favourite are Pumpkin, Sweetcorn, Ackee, Sausage and Avacado and recently Mango Fritters, which like a lot of my recipes that I create out of necessity are really unexpected but were hugely satisfying, delicious and definitely could be labelled Gourmet!

The fabulous thing about Fritters is how easy they are to make, with just the addition of water to the flour along with seasoning, spice and any filling.

Recipe:

Flour
Water
Mango pulp
Nutmeg
Sugar
pinch of salt










Comments

Popular Posts