hAVAcado!


AVOCADO or Pear as its affectionately called in these parts of the world! IF you don't LOVE pear then you don't have sense - in my opinion! Avocado pear makes everything fabulous and moreish, I especially love to put it in my salads, sandwiches, spread it on my bread or toast like butter! OR better yet just place a perfect slice of it on my plate with my Sunday rice n peas or midweek with curry or stew peas and rice or steamed fish and ground food. I love it alone on bread with a slice of tomato and some hot pepper sauce (A family favorite!) or even just with garlic and salt and crackers..

So anyone and everyone who knows me well, knows that even before there were songs that made Avocado famous.. I was loving Avocado from the beginning of time, since I was a little girl.. I remember even getting into an argument with my Mother and Grandmother about a stolen Avocado sandwich and I was fuming that they wouldn't give it back to me and my Grandma insisted on blaming some fictitious creature that she even named, just to attempt to calm my temper.
Still my love for Avocado has only grown more over the years and you can find a whole Pinboard as evidence to prove this on my Pinterest account at https://www.pinterest.com/amaechisworld/avacado/

with recipes made using the glorious Avocado pear. Still my favorites are Mexican Guacamole, which is another family favorite that I have been making since my teens in many varieties. I also love to make pasta sauce with Avocado and pesto with or without the addition of cheese and/or spinach and I especially love eating it fresh with raw spinach salad.

Still I haven't yet tried baking an Avocado with an egg which is a very innovative approach to baked eggs. So there is still life left to live and new recipes left for me to try - but I assure you there are few foods that I find more sexy than a ripe Avocado pear, in whichever variety but it "Hass" to be all mine - (lol please excuse my corny humor!) no sharing my precious pear!~ LOL (of course i'm joking i'm sure I can share if I find there are excess pears available - its only a shame the season isn't all year around!)



Comments

Popular Posts